BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer Shorts for Petites

We all want to show off our legs, especially if they are shapely and well toned.  Wearing the right style will go a long way to flattering your Spring and Summer look.  Choosing shorts can prove a contest in itself for petite women.  It’s important to remember shorts should be fitted, not overly loose, have clean details and a classic style.  Wearing an outfit all within the same color wheel will also give you a long, lean silhouette.  Topping off your entire look with wedgies or a heel will pay tribute to your legs and create an illusion of lengthening the leg.

Women who are short always wonder about wearing a Capri style pant during the warm months as well.  This style can prove tricky but also flattering on the right figure shape.  Always wear shoes the same color of your pant.  If you’re shorter than 5’2” have heavy calves or thick ankles, this style is not a good choice for you.  If you have shapely legs and over 5”2”, make sure you match your shoes with your hemline color to pull off the look with class.

Cuffed shorts ~ this is also a very fashionable style for petite women. Cuffed shorts will make your legs appear longer and are very stylish. Just make sure that the cuffed shorts aren't too tight. They should be loose from your skin so you can move around in them comfortably.

Bermuda shorts  ~ are a definite no as they fall below the knee and will make you look stumpier.

mid-thigh
Above Knee to Mid-thigh  ~ are the most complimentary lengths for petites because they help to elongate your look beautifully. 

Short shorts ~  will make you look even shorter and inappropriate if your butt cheeks are exposed. So, think about the message you are sending as well.   However, if you have a flawless figure and in great shape, you’re one of the luckier few to pull them off.

Cargo ~ stay away.  Stay far, far away.

5 comments:

momforhealthyhomes said...

YES! Thank you! I big fat love your blog. I am petite and need to know how to style my body better! I am totally following you!

http://www.operationceo.com
http://momsforhealthyhomes.blogspot.com

pegasus_aprilof84 said...

Hi, I am now following you from mom bloggers lub and you have a cute blog, you can check mine out and I am sure you will find something you like. http://shandassweepsandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Great blog. Thanks.
www.rebeccabany.com
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/becbany

Chaton T. Turner said...

Love that your blog is focussed on all things petite. I have a huge heart, but I'm only 5'2". I am sure I'll visit here lots of times. I'm your newest follower from Mom Bloggers. Please follow me at http://chatonsworld.blogspot.com.

Louise Morgan said...

Good advice. I am a teacher and love to wear capris, but I know they make me look shorter and wide. Good advice on the shoe thing!